Over the last 18 years Impex Performance has provided added value services within both the private and public sectors. So far we have provided ‘hands on help’ for 37 companies in the start up & small enterprise sector.
The main sectors we work in come from distinct sectors.
Click a sector which is closest to your business model:
- Power Generation
- Public Sector
- Renewable Energy
- Storage & Transport
The following case studies are actual profiles of past customers:
- Challenge: You would be forgiven for thinking that UK plc manufacturing base has a very limited future. Impex Performance has worked with a number of small and medium size manufacturers who have all needed to change direction and strategy to make sure they could survive and flourish into the 21st century.The case study in point was in a very competitive domestic product arena, operating from a difficult non-industrial location. With no one at the helm of the company’s fortunes, falling sales and rising costs with a low barrier to entry were just four of the challenges that were faced.
- Solution: Create a realistic business plan that would change and focus the efforts of the management and workforce. They had to reduce stock, release cash and gain more finished component parts from cooperative suppliers, therefore reducing tooling and operations in house. They had to understand the actual direct and indirect cost levels in real time so that they could regain control of the way the company operated, and identify the profitable work in order to focus less on the low profit income. They were required to focus on warranty and quality and not price alone.
- Outcome: The company reduced its exposure to increasing market pressures. Managed cash flow much better and stabilised its working capital requirements to allow spending on targeted marketing. The end result was a much more robust business that was run and controlled by its owners to a far higher degree. Exposure reduction.
- Challenge: The engineering and fabrication market is very tough and competitive. In the four cases that we have worked with they were all suffering from outdated work practice, a much too broad product/service offering and no consistent sales and marketing strategy.
- Solution: In one case Impex Performance looked at a totally fresh approach tied to a revised niche market business plan, which focused on the unique capability and quality of the companies’ activities whilst losing much of the low value client base. We also refocused the sales and marketing activities and instigated a location move into modern premises where the assets were made to work much better for the company, and in harmony with the accent on quality and efficient working practices.
- Outcome: More sustainable and hungry business strategy, driven from the bottom upwards. Much greater understanding of how to replicate good business habits and mitigate exposure to low margin revenue streams.
Click to contact Simon Ashby at Impex Performance or call +44 (0)7763 189329